Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Trick or Treat? Sorry I mean eggs or flour

Don't you just love Halloween. It's the time for little kids to scare everyone else for a change. Or is it just the trigger to set the hounds of chavs to start lighting the fireworks and to get rid of their supply of eggs that has been building up for the past couple of weeks.

Whatever it is I don't like it that much. Sure it's fun dressing up. I loved it. I remeber getting my own back on some kids who'd egged our house the year before. Me and my brother sat in the corner of the garden with the hosepipe, waiting for them. The story tells it's self from then on. They haven't been back since.

You get all these church goers protesting now that Halloween is TOO scary and that it should be made more fun and bright instead of dark and spooky. Sorry, easter was about 6 months ago. Now it's time for Satan to have a day where he gets worshiped. Why would we want a day of facepainting and other cuddly activities then an early night? We want to scare people. The reason I believe the church wants this is to single out the small groups of idiots who use the dressing up as a disguise to cause mayhem. But why should the minority's behaviour change an entire culture's holiday activites?

Maybe I'm looking into this abit too deep.

It's just because I'm jealous of the young ones having all the fun because I'm too big now.
T

No comments: